12. Harvey Maxwell was
C) Pitcher’s boss.
13. Pitcher was mildly interested and surprised because
B) Miss Leslie arrived with Maxwell.
14. It was Harvey Maxwell’s hard day because
D) the Exchange was a busy place.
15. ‘On the Exchange there were hurricanes and snowstorms and volcanoes’ means
B) the financial situation was difficult.
16. Maxwell dashed into the inner office at lunch time because
B) the smell reminded him of Miss Leslie.
17. Harvey Maxwell made a proposal between phone calls because he
A) was rather pressed for time.
18. Miss Leslie was astonished by the proposal because
C) she had married the man the day before.