Task 1. Imagine that you are preparing a project with your friend. You have found some interesting material for the presentation and you want to read this text to your friend. You have 1.5 minutes to read the text silently, then be ready to read it out aloud. You will not have more than 1.5 minutes to read it.
Task 2. Study the advertisement.
You are considering … and now you’d like to get more information. In 1.5 minutes you are to ask five direct questions to find out about the following:
Task 3. These are photos from your photo album. Choose one photo to describe to your friend.
You will have to start speaking in 1.5 minutes and will speak for not more than 2 minutes (12–15 sentences). In your talk remember to speak about:
- where and when the photo was taken
- what/who is in the photo
- what is happening
- why you keep the photo in your album
- why you decided to show the picture to your friend
You have to talk continuously, starting with: “I’ve chosen photo number …”
Task 4. Study the two photographs. In 1.5 minutes be ready to compare and contrast the photographs:
- give a brief description of the photos (action, location)
- say what the pictures have in common
- say in what way the pictures are different
- say which of the … in the pictures you’d prefer
- explain why
You will speak for not more than 2 minutes (12–15 sentences). You have to talk continuously.