Прочитайте текст с пропусками, обозначенными номерами 1 – 7. Эти номера соответствуют заданиям 1 – 7, в которых представлены возможные варианты ответов (А, B, C, D). Установите соответствие номера пропуска варианту ответа.
Emily touched the button on the top of her bedside clock. It glowed 5:56 a.m. Another four minutes and it would have (1) ______ her with the early morning news. Her mind had been racing all through the night only allowing her sporadic patches of sleep. By the time it was 6.00 a.m, Emily had decided exactly what she had to do if the chairman was unwilling to go along with her recommendations. She switched (2) ______ the automatic alarm, avoiding any news that might distract her. Then she jumped out of bed and headed straight for the bathroom. Her mother thought it amusing that Emily always showered before going out for her morning run. Emily (3) ______ under the cold shower a little longer than usual, hoping it would help her get rid of her bad dreams.
(4) ______ the sun had not yet risen, she didn’t need to open the bedroom curtains of her little room to know that it was going to be another clear, sunny day. A few minutes later Emily double-locked the front door of her four-room apartment, walked across the corridor and (5) ______ the elevator button. While she waited for the elevator to travel slowly up to the tenth floor, she began a series of stretching exercises that would be completed before the elevator returned to the ground floor. She (6) ______ out into the lobby and smiled at her favourite doorman, who quickly opened the front door so that she didn’t have to stop in her tracks.
“Morning, George,” she (7) ______, as she jogged out of Essex House onto West Street and headed towards Central Park.
- A) aroused B) woken C) risen D) arisen
- A) off B) out C) on D) in
- A) retained B) resolved C) removed D) remained
- A) Although B) Moreover C) However D) Therefore
- A) pulled B) switched C) pressed D) turned
- A) stepped B) arrived C) entered D) appeared
- A) spoke B) said C) talked D) told