Прочитайте текст с пропусками, обозначенными номерами 1 – 7. Эти номера соответствуют заданиям 1 – 7, в которых представлены возможные варианты ответов (А, B, C, D). Установите соответствие номера пропуска варианту ответа.
The theatre has always been very strong in Britain. Its centre is, of course, London, where successful plays can (1) ______ without a break for many years. London has several dozens of theatres, most of them not (2) ______ from Trafalgar Square. (3) ______ London even some quite big towns have no public theatre at all, but every town has its private theatres. British theatre is much admired. There you can (4) ______ the best of everything – an excellent orchestra, famous conductors, celebrated actors and a well-dressed (5) ______.
Choose a good play, and you’ll enjoy yourself throughout from the moment the curtain (6) ______ to the end of the last act. Get your seats beforehand, either at the box-office or at the theatre itself. You’ll probably want to sit as near to the (7) ______ as possible.
- А) show B) perform C) run D) produce
- А) far B) remote C) distant D) close
- А) Inside B) Outside C) In D) Out
- А) take B) give C) hold D) get
- А) audience B) auditorium C) authority D) publicity
- А) puts up B) sets up C) makes up D) goes up
- А) scene B) stage C) scenery D) performance