Прочитайте текст с пропусками, обозначенными номерами 1 – 8. Эти номера соответствуют заданиям 1 – 8, в которых представлены возможные варианты ответов (А, B, C, D). Установите соответствие номера пропуска варианту ответа.
The Great Discovery
In ancient times people lived on whatever food they could find. As the early people (1) ______ in numbers, they had to wander and search for wild fruits and seeds of wild plants or hunt for small animals.
Then one of these early people (2) ______ a great discovery. A great genius discovered the meaning of seeds. He may have noticed that where some seeds had fallen on the ground, new plants grew. Perhaps he was (3) ______ enough to put some seeds in the ground to see what would happen. No one knows how it happened, but man (4) ______ that if he put a seed into the soil it could grow into a plant which might yield hundreds or even thousands of seeds!
He was free of the need to be in a constant (5) ______ of his food! Early man could now (6) ______ seeds in the spring and wait for them to grow.
In the fall he could gather a harvest of seeds. There would be enough to (7) ______ himself and his family all through the winter, with some left over for planting when spring came.
This discovery was the beginning of (8) ______ and the most important change that ever happened to people on earth.
- А) decreased B) increased C) developed D) improved
- А) fulfilled B) did C) made D) conducted
- А) curious B) questioning C) surprised D) puzzled
- А) disclosed B) opened C) discovered D) exposed
- А) investigation B) exploration C) look D) search
- А) put B) plant C) deliver D) lay
- А) feed B) food C) provide D) nourish
- А) gardening B) cropping C) cultivation D) farming