12. What inspired the author to write the text?
D) Visitors’ views on Britain.
13. According to the author, why were the tourists disappointed in Britain?
D) Their anticipations were not met.
14. The purpose of the text is to …
C) give a true account of Scottish culture.
15. The phrase “up North” in “… what to expect when visiting “up North.” (paragraph 3) refers to …
16. Which of the following statements about bagpipes is NOT true, according to the text?
C) They are popular among young Scottish people.
17. In what way is the author similar to a typical image of a Scottish person?
C) He has freckles.
18. Why does the author quote a tourist at the end of the text?
B) To underline the annoyance at tourists’ disappointments.