12. What do we learn about Renato’s origin?
D) He comes from a simple family.
13. How did Renato get the money for the island?
A) He sold some of his belongings.
14. How does Renato explain his decision to found a country?
B) He didn’t see any formal objections to it.
15. How may the reaction of the governor of Madeira to the news of Renato’s decision be described?
16. We may conclude that bacalhau …
B) is made with fish.
17. What does Renato say about his attitude towards tourists?
A) They are always welcome on his island.
18. What are Renato’s plans about his island?
D) He wants to keep it.