12. The slave’s Russian descendants believe that the slave
C) belonged to the royal family in his native land.
13. According to the narrator, the biography of Pushkin’s ancestor turned into a novel because Pushkin
B) found it impossible to stick to the facts that were doubtful.
14. The narrator’s objective in writing the book was to
B) continue the story from where it was left unfinished.
15. The narrator says that his research for the book
D) brought him to a river bank in Africa.
16. The lesson that the narrator learnt from his arrest was
C) not to distort information about real events.
17. The narrator thinks that his journeys
A) helped him find some visible traces of the past.
18. The narrator points out that at the time of Gannibal
D) Africans were not a novelty in the capital of Russia.