1. Harry’s father was permitted to come to Canada if he
B) became a farmer.
2. Harry stopped working for his cousin Albert because
C) his cousin refused to pay him more money.
3. A local city planner wanted Harry to
D) restore the buildings.
4. Harry had some problems with his stomach because in his childhood he
B) had not been able to eat proper food.
5. One of Harry’s parents’ neighbours told the police about them because they
C) ran their business at home.
6. “People said we’d be broke very soon” means that people expected them to
A) go bankrupt soon.
7. “Last” in “Harry was one of the last” refers to
C) successful immigrants who still lived in North Winnipeg.