Прочитайте текст и заполните пропуски A–F частями предложений, обозначенными цифрами 1–7. Одна из частей в списке 1–7 — лишняя. Занесите цифры, обозначающие соответствующие части предложений, в таблицу.
Welcome to the Smithsonian
When you visit any of the Smithsonian’s 19 museums and galleries or the National zoo, you are entering the largest museum complex in the world. This complex holds about 137 million unique objects in its trust for the American people.
The Smithsonian was established in 1846 with funds given to the United States by James Smithson, an English scientist. The main idea was to increase and spread knowledge for free. And now all Smithsonian institutions are still devoted to public education, (A) ______ history.
Ten Smithsonian museums and galleries are located in the centre of the U.S. capital. Six other museums and the National zoo are nearby in the Washington metropolitan area, (B) ______.
The 19th and the newest museum (C) ______ is the National Museum of African American history and culture. It is now operating in the form of a virtual museum. Its key feature is the memory book, (D) ______. These diverse memories are linked to each other and to the museum content, (E) ______.
The Smithsonian complex is home to the world’s foremost research centres in science, the arts and the humanities. Besides the basic research (F) ______, there are a number of special facilities. Conservation centre at the zoo studies rare and endangered species, environment centre carries out research in ecosystems in the coastal area.
- that is carried on regularly in each of the museums
- providing different materials in the arts, science and
- placing a spotlight on people and events in African American history
- that has been established within the Smithsonian complex
- which allows website visitors to upload their own stories or images
- and visitors can enjoy watching rare exhibits on
- and two museums are situated in New York City