Прочитайте текст и заполните пропуски A–F частями предложений, обозначенными цифрами 1–7. Одна из частей в списке 1–7 — лишняя. Занесите цифры, обозначающие соответствующие части предложений, в таблицу.
A city of palaces and museums, broad avenues and narrow canals, St. Petersburg’s short history is rich in architectural and artistic treasures. Alongside world-famous attractions such as the Hermitage and St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the city has a lot of equally interesting buildings (A) ______. St. Petersburg is considered to be Russia’s cultural capital. It reflects the country’s extraordinary fate like no other city.
St. Petersburg is a relatively young city, by both Russian and European standards, as (B) ______. Despite its short life, the city has a rich history. From the early days of Peter the Great to modern times, the city has always bustled with life and intrigue.
Lying across the delta of the Neva River, St. Petersburg, the Venice of the North, is a city (C) ______, some of which are well-known for their unique history. Bridges are an essential part of the city’s architectural make-up. Among the city’s over 500 bridges, there are numerous technological masterpieces. The centre of the city offers vast areas of green space, (D) ______.
St. Petersburg is a beautiful and fascinating holiday destination and one (E) ______. Whether to visit the city in a romantic and snowy Russian winter (F) ______, visitors will be spellbound by St. Petersburg’s culture and beauty.
- that is built on hundreds of islands
- or during the dazzling white nights in summer
- it was only founded in 1703 by Tsar Peter the Great
- or considering a variety of the trip accommodation offers
- that reveal the mysterious and tragic genius of St. Petersburg
- of the most intriguing and historically significant cities in Europe
- including beautiful historic gardens and extensive leisure parks