Вы услышите интервью. В заданиях 3–9 запишите в поле ответа цифру 1, 2 или 3, соответствующую выбранному Вами варианту ответа. Вы услышите запись дважды.
3. What do we learn about Alex at the beginning of the interview?
1) He has written more than 60 books for children.
2) His most famous books are detective stories.
3) All his books are fiction.
4. Why does Alex write?
1) He has to make a living.
2) He simply can’t help it.
3) He is inspired by other writers.
5. What do we learn out about Alex’s reading preferences?
1) He prefers classics only.
2) He prefers humorous stories.
3) His preferences are varied.
6. What was Alex’s first book?
1) A children’s book.
2) A detective short story.
3) A detective novel.
7. What does Alex say about literary agents?
1) Every writer must have one.
2) You should try to work with several agents.
3) Good agents are invaluable helpers.
8. What does Alex say about promoting his books?
1) It’s very motivating for him.
2) It’s too hard physically.
3) It’s a stress for him having to meet readers.
9. What is, in Alex’s opinion, the typical mistake of starting novelists?
1) They write too many stories at once.
2) They spend too much time on their first text.
3) They give up writing very quickly.