Вы услышите интервью. В заданиях 3–9 запишите в поле ответа цифру 1, 2 или 3, соответствующую выбранному Вами варианту ответа. Вы услышите запись дважды.
3. What do we learn about Vanessa at the beginning of the interview?
1) She is a beginner.
2) She has won her first writing award.
3) She writes affecting novels.
4. In her childhood Vanessa produced a …
2) collection of poems.
5. What made Vanessa start her writing career?
1) Reading a book bought by chance.
2) An accident in Brighton.
3) A meeting with a writer.
6. Vanessa thinks that anybody can be a storyteller because …
1) people are born with this gift.
2) people know a lot of stories.
3) everybody enjoys being one.
7. What books does Vanessa specifically advise beginner writers to read?
1) Good books.
2) Bad books.
3) Both good and bad books.
8. How does Vanessa treat her characters?
1) Like puppets.
2) Like means to impress readers.
3) Like people living their own lives in a story.
9. Which of the following does Vanessa say about editing?
1) You should edit at least a third of the original text.
2) It may considerably shorten your text.
3) A raw text is more interesting than its edited version.